Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Default Custom CSS for Widgets

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

When i setup an idxbroker site, I have to manually style each widget to match my design. this is fine during the development stage (though annoying to, say, do it for 30 showcase widgets).

However, once I pass the site off to my client, if they make new widgets, those widgets get the idxbroker default styling again. Some of them are tech savvy enough that i can provide instructions to copy over the old CSS and replace all the widget ID tags in it, but most of them are not comfortable with that at all.

for widgets going on their wordpress sites, I can put override styles in the theme, and strip out classes with jquery, but that doesnt solve the problem of them using the widget on a second website or social media site, etc. and sometimes the styles in the widget still have higher priority, so I end up with partly styled widgets.

I would love a way to set the default CSS for each widget, so that they always look as intended

4 ratings, 4 votes4 ratings, 4 votes (+4 rating, 4 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Nick Leech
      Keymaster

This enhancement has now been officially requested!

4 ratings, 4 votes4 ratings, 4 votes (+4 rating, 4 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.