Once you get the Equity Framework and Child theme installed, you can then start working on the clients website.
Equity Theme Settings:
- Within WordPress hover over Equity on the left hand side and select Theme Settings in the sub-menu.
- At the top add the clients domain name under IDX Info (this will be the live domain and not their staging domain).
- Make sure you fill out all of the fields under Agent Info with the clients necessary information. Those items are displayed on the front end pages using shortcodes.
- Down at the bottom you will have your Header and Footer Scripts section.
Equity Footer Settings:
- Under Equity Footer settings you can change what displays in the sites footer.
- A lot of the content is displayed using shortcodes but you will want to make sure you update the domain under the footer right section to match the clients URL
- Also, some MLSs require certain information show on a clients site on the sites footer and this is normally a perfect area to add that.
- Once you make changes and save, it should update the front end pages right away.
Equity Custom CSS:
- The framework includes two different areas where you can add CSS without editing the theme files or using a third party plug-in.
- You can add CSS to the clients website under Equity –> Custom CSS
- Or you can add it under Appearance –> Customize –> Additional CSS.
- You can also find other ways to add CSS by following this article.