Build with IDX Broker Forums WordPress Add url parameter to Omnisearch results

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m trying to add the agent tracking parameter ?agentHeaderID=12345 to a page I’m using the Omnisearch on.

I’ve successfully added a hidden field, which normally works on custom IDX forms, but because of the way the Omnisearch writes the URLs, it’s not attaching the parameter to the URL.

I’ve also tried using jQuery to append the parameter, but also getting overwritten so not attaching the URL as expected.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I might accomplish this without modifying the core plugin files?

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • idxbroker
      Keymaster

Probably more than a few different ways. I was lazy and jsut loaded the widget in a sidebar. Then grabbed all <form> and it’s contents along with the scripting needed to run this omni search. Then loaded those in a text widget and editing one of those scripts to add my parameter.

var mlsPtIDs = [{“idxID”:””,”mlsPtID”:”1&test=y”}];

test=y is then passed in the search query.

It would probably also help to post a link to the page you are trying to modify. You might have had a good script that was nearly there, but since we can’t see it we don’t know.

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.