Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Custom CSS for variable page layouts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

So here is the deal – middleware is great, because of all the customization options, however, that also makes it dangerously easy for clients to break their custom design through simple exploration.

Due to the variety of page layouts and their differing strcutures, Custom CSS is page layout specific. However, my client can go in willy-nilly and change their layout choice, completely break their styling and freak out.

I would love separate custom CSS fields for each layout, so that I can set all of them up to work properly even if the layout is changed.

2 ratings, 2 votes2 ratings, 2 votes (+2 rating, 2 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Nick Leech
      Keymaster

Would it be better if a developer partner via their Partner Dashboard be able to set permissions for their clients to lock them out of any section they dont want them to have access?

• NailSoupMedia
      Participant

Both are great ideas. A backup and lockout system would be great but based on their business and front house back house priorities there isnt enough demand to warrant them to do these.

We are looking into client accounting by keeping all the settings and coding copied and stored in http://www.asana.com That way if the client screws it up or the ghosts do then we go back to the remote back up, copy and paste back in….for a fee to the client unless its our fault.

• imFORZA
      Participant

I purposed a fix for this, I mentioned it again in this request: https://developers.idxbroker.com/forums/topic/request-for-idx-page-layout-improvements-for-seoperformancecustomization/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.