Build with IDX Broker Forums IDX Broker Control Panel Find out if viewer is logged in?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

There isn’t a live way to see who is logged in. The API traffic data call is about 5 min behind real time in my tests. The dashboard traffic stats are much quicker, but they don’t provide a real time who is logged in. You have to refresh the page to see the current traffic. I think that is what you are asking?

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Tony Eppright
      Participant

Thanks Antonio. I’m not sure if I explained it will…

If I’m on a site and I create a new account, as soon as I’m taken to the account welcome screen it says “Welcome, Tony E.” with a logout link, then ‘perform search’, ‘view account info’, ‘view saved searches’, and ‘view saved properties’ buttons.

It shows the logged in users name as soon as they create an account or login. I’m trying to find out if there’s a way to display the logged in name on the website, outside of IDX, for example in the header.

I hope that makes sense…thank you.

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

I think your site would need to search for the IDX broker cookie and read the info in there.

• Tony Eppright
      Participant

Thank you…will give it a shot.

• Tony Eppright
      Participant

Hi Antonio, Happy New Year! I’m working on a site that wants this feature, but having a hard time.

I’ve tested some functions that look for the cookie but it’s returning “null”. I also used http://www.cookie-checker.com/ to see which cookies are used on the site and didn’t see anything for IDX Broker. It’s only showing GA and Jquery.

How can I find the name of the cookie, or any suggestions on how I can search for the IDX Broker cookie? It would be great if this could be integrated into IDX Broker!

Thanks,
      Tony

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.