Build with IDX Broker Forums General Discussion How to search for homes with pools

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

I have searched the forums for “pool” and I can’t find anything about how narrow search results by homes with a pool. Am I missing it?

Thx in advance!

Kevin

1 rating, 1 vote1 rating, 1 vote (+1 rating, 1 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Ginger Coolidge
      Participant

Hi Kevin,

I think the MLS controls what items are included for searching and how they are labeled. For example, the MLS I used to be a part of has pools under Exterior Features and it was “pool on property” yes or no. In the demo data that comes with the IDX Broker account, it appears to be listed under Recreation. In your setup, I would look for it under an Advanced Search area, which you can select when creating a Saved Link or a widget.

Hope that helps!

• Nick Leech
      Keymaster

1. You get a listing from a client that has a pool then you can do a listing ID search for that property.
      If you look at the details page you can normally see all fields that we have mapped coming from the MLS.

2. If the client has a remarks field that you can search you can always search pool in that field and look at the results.

3. The client should know what field they use when searching the MLS and normally the field name is the same within our system.

If you look at the details page you can normally see all fields that we have mapped coming from the MLS.

You can search for pool and usually it will either be an option value within a field or a field in itself.

Once you find the field you can always add that field to your advanced search page by following this article: http://support.idxbroker.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1913108-advanced-search-fields-layout?b_id=10433

If you are not finding the field just send an e-mail to developers@idxbroker.com with a listing ID or field name and we can try to look into it further.

• Kevin Forrest
        Participant

That did it. Had to add “Project Facilities” to the advanced search page.

Thx!

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

When I need to look up advanced fields in an MLS or for values in an advanced field I use this unofficial tool I made: http://unofficial-idx-broker-tools.herokuapp.com/advanced-fields/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.