Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Probably the #1 request we get from clients

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Probably the #1 request we get from clients is more control over the layout of the Property Detail page. Although you can do a lot with CSS/Scripting… it would be great to be able to drag/drop the Property Detail page elements around the page for more control over the structural layout. When prospective new clients are comparing IDX Broker vs. other IDX solutions a lot of the decision making boils down to who has the best Property Detail page layouts.

3 ratings, 3 votes3 ratings, 3 votes (+3 rating, 3 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • true
      Participant

You can customize the layout on Property Details Pages for both Lite and Platinum. By default it has two default containers “Basic Features” and “Advanced Features”. You can create new containers and custom name them. You can then drag and drop the fields you wish to display in each container. You can view the KB article at – http://kb.idxbroker.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/57/31/customize-property-details-page

• imFORZA
      Participant

I agree that partners and clients both need more control over page layouts. While I agree a drag and drop would be a nice method for many clients, I purposed a method that would give clients and partners quite a bit more control with a liquid template system. You can read my full thoughts in this thread: https://developers.idxbroker.com/forums/topic/request-for-idx-page-layout-improvements-for-seoperformancecustomization/

• Nick Leech
      Keymaster

I am working on outlining some ideas on how this would work in the system.

Would you all want your templates to only be available for your clients or have them added to a marketplace where you can set the price and people can buy them as they see fit and the money would be added to your partner payback check?

• imFORZA
      Participant

I think the #1 Priority is for developers and clients to have more control over layouts in general. If you can make it easier for dev partners to control and manage private layouts specific to their clients than that just makes it so much more valuable. Adding a marketplace is a nice to have but I would like to see the template system process more refined before something like that is released.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.