Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Request: 404 Pages and Redirects

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

IDX Broker does a great job of providing us and clients a list of 404s being generated for an website’s IDX account. The problem is there is no easy way for us to fix these 404 errors even with a custom subdomain. Currently the only way I can think possible is performing redirects at the DNS level. Performing lots of redirects at the DNS level would not be ideal.

I see two possible solutions:

1) Redirect all 404s to the clients main domain with the url as requested. So if someone tries to go to sub.domain.com/wp-login.php (or domain.idxbroker.com/wp-login.php) then they would just be redirected to domain.com/wp-login.php. If the page doesn’t exist then the client’s domain would handle it just like any other 404 error.

2) Let clients/partners provide a custom 404 error page (either with code or url) for their IDX Broker domains.

4 ratings, 4 votes4 ratings, 4 votes (+4 rating, 4 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Bill Macchio
      Participant

Before creating listings.pastermackrealestate.com/idx/search/searchBasic I checked to make sure it did not exist and got a 404 error. Clicking “New Search” at the bottom just linked to more 404 hits ==> listings.pastermackrealestate.com/idx/search/search then another click to listings.pastermackrealestate.com/idx/search/search/search and each click afterward simply added /search to the URL.

I like the ideas of 1) letting us specify a full URL for 404 errors and 2) customizing the 404 page within the IDX Broker Middleware interface.

• Nick Leech
      Keymaster

We do have an Enhancement Request ticket open to allow clients to be able to create a custom 404 page.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.