Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Request: Global Updates for all clients in a Developer Account

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would love to request a way to update certain settings for all clients on a global level or to be able to choose multiple clients to edit settings on at the same time.

SO for instance if I wanted to edit the SEO settings of the Property Details page of all of my Florida clients I could go into my clients and check the boxes next to all Florida clients to edit them and then I could edit that one setting for them all.

1 rating, 1 vote1 rating, 1 vote (+1 rating, 1 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • idxbroker
      Keymaster

Interesting, I am trying to imagine how this would be structured though and what exact options would be involved?

• imFORZA
      Participant

I love this idea. I think for now they could start with just a way for partners to setup “default settings” for all of their clients. Maybe a global config page or config file. Improving the API to support many of the options in the “Global Preferences” section of middleware would also be a big step toward this goal. Also letting partners add or update SEO settings for pages thru the API.

To let partners set this up for a subset of clients, they will need to decide how to organize accounts into various “groups”. These “groups” could work as a “folder” or “tag” to let partners organize accounts. I tend to prefer a “tag method” vs a “folder method”, this way an account can be under multiple “tags”, but maybe they can offer both. Maybe some tags could be auto-generated, such as MLS Board, Client’s State (as you demonstrated), lite accounts, platinum accounts, same WordPress template theme, etc.

• yoursiteneedsme
      Participant

THAT is a fabulous IDEA! You could also have an option that allowed you to download the settings so you could upload them into another account.

• yoursiteneedsme
      Participant

Antonio,
      What I am thinking is for instance lets say I want to edit the SEO Settings of the Details page. I use a standard set for MOST of my clients and I have a different set for some other ones that are in lets say, Florida. So if something changes in the SEO world and I want to add something different I might want to go in and update these settings on a global level quickly then By choosing the clients I want to edit I could easily change all of their Details Page SEO settings at once without having to individually log in.

For Global Preferences, there are many times that I use the same settings for MOST of the settings (not including the logo, signature, etc) so having an option to Export settings from another client and import them into a new client would be cool. OR as imFORZA mentioned, having a global config page. This wouldn’t obviously work for all clients but individually editing all of the clients when you guys add something new or something changes is a big PITA and having a feature like this would sure be a winner winner chicken dinner for me! And definitely a special delivery of goodies to your tech team haha!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.