Build with IDX Broker Forums General Discussion Success with a custom search page?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am interested in building a custom search page in wordpress but of course the ‘modify search’ button will not work. Anyone found away around that?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Ginger Coolidge
      Participant

Hmm, curious how custom is custom? Are you using one of the widgets to build your search?

• rockwood
      Participant

Well good question, a widget very well could do the job. Client wants: City dropdown, price min/max, beds, baths, sqft, yr built, garage y/n…. I get this a lot where I’m 90% there and the final 10% is tough! Current: http://search.thestrumgroup.com/idx/search/basic-search … everything but a dropdown! Still, pretty tough to work within the design constraints here. I’m experimenting with avoiding javascript as I’m unhappy with page movement after load and general performance hits.

My only thought is to have my wordpress page grab the referral page parameters and sort them out. However, I don’t know how speedy that’s going to be.

• Ginger Coolidge
      Participant

Interesting, sounds like a need for the market. I’ll keep this in mind as I start to think about custom solutions. Ironically the old Quick Search widget has the city dropdown and all that you list except for the garage y/n and year built.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.