Build with IDX Broker Forums WordPress Equity Switch from Genesis to Equity Framework?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

How to switch from Genesis to Equity Framework?

1 rating, 1 vote1 rating, 1 vote (+1 rating, 1 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • James Call
      Participant

I think the first question is “should I switch to Equity”?

We have been using Genesis for years and we really like their framework. Our developers have developed a nice skill set with Genesis.

Last week, I had an opportunity to visit with Chad Johnson from AgentEvolution, and he really shed some light on Equity for me:

He explained that many of the hooks that Equity uses are very similar to Genesis hooks. He also explained that they are working to REALLY integrate more IDX Broker API features into the framework. He also mentioned that as time goes by, AgentEvolution will give more and more emphasis to Equity and less and less to their Genesis themes.

After my phone call with Chad, I decided that we are going to commit to using Equity with our clients. We also have touted the benefits of Genesis to a lot of people over the years, but what we really want is the very best IDX Broker and WordPress solution for our clients. If that is going to be Equity in the future, then it is time that we make the switch.

We want to take advantage of the power of the branding of IDX Broker and AgentEvolution in our marketing. We are going to be doing all of our new theme development this year on Equity.

Yes, there are going to be some things that we are going to have to re-do and re-code and duplicate, but I am sure it will pay off.

I was really impressed with Chad and Dave Bonds’ kindness and desire to really build a world-class platform for WordPress real estate sites. As much as we like the folks at Copyblogger/StudioPress, they don’t have that real estate focus. Since all we know how to do is IDX Broker, WordPress and real estate, working with Equity makes more sense for us in the long run. If you are in the same boat as we are, then I think we all better figure out how to build on the Equity framework as fast as we can.

We do have a few Genesis themes that we are going to convert to Equity. After we do that, maybe I can learn some tricks to share here that facilitate that process for others.

-James

• NailSoupMedia
      Participant

Hey James,

Did you update to Genesis? Any SEO benefit out of the box? I have someone asking

• doylecommunications
      Participant

I was shocked that Copyblogger doesn’t offer phone support. That is typically a requirement of mine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.