Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests unique css classes for adv. fields according to category

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

for a while now i’ve been picturing a way to really do something special with the advanced search pages. they’re so loaded with fields that the shear volume of choice presented to a user often has the total opposite effect and they just don’t even want to try to use it.

one thing i think could be implemented really easily and could make it possible to do really new and different search pages would be to add a css class to each adv field according to what category it’s in. there are six categories for search fields: interior, exterior, location, financial, additional, and core. (i know core fields are not advanced fields but there’s no reason they can’t be classed too.) if each field was classed accordingly then you could do a progressive kind of search where the page asks the user things like “Do you want to select Exterior Features?” and if they click no it just won’t show them any of those fields an moves on to the next category. I expect there’d be a ton more ways to change up the advanced search beyond this too.
      right now the only delineation for adv fields is right column and left column.

1 rating, 1 vote1 rating, 1 vote (+1 rating, 1 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Nick Leech
      Keymaster

The ER has been posted here: http://learn.idxbroker.com/idealist/

1 rating, 1 vote1 rating, 1 vote (+1 rating, 1 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.