Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Update Omnisearch to use account MLS settings

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My client notified me, and I confirmed, that the Omnisearch does not use the MLS settings from the account.

For example, if I’ve “unchecked” rentals so they don’t show on any search results, they still show on results from the Omnisearch.

I saw on Github that you are making significant changes to the IDX Broker WordPress plugin. Please include this in the update.

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • idxbroker
      Keymaster

The WordPress Onmisearch does not use any of the settings in the account. Any communication from the account to the Omnisearch happens via API. The setting you are referring to is not in the IDX Broker API so there is currently no way for the search to have that information.

• Tony Eppright
      Participant

Thanks Tony. That’s too bad…doesn’t make much sense to use it on sites where clients have rentals turned off. Thanks for clarifying.

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

You might want to create a custom omni search for these kind of cases. Here a GitHub repo for forking: https://github.com/sheparddw/IDX-Omnibar-Framework-Independent

• Brandon Farber
      Participant

Whoever put up that generic omnibar branch – thank you. I looked at creating this a couple years ago and put it on the backburner, so I’m happy to see a premade one available to use. Works flawlessly.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.