Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Request: Add buttons for ?bare and ?mobile

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys, so I know you offer ?bare and ?mobile for viewing pages. It would be nice to have some small icon buttons for each of these on the list of pages (/mgmt/pages.php) in middleware.

2 ratings, 2 votes2 ratings, 2 votes (+2 rating, 2 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • idxforge
      Participant

it’s typically been the ?bare is something idx tries to keep under it’s hat from retail clients since with that url variable you could conceivably bypass the wrapper and iframe idx pages into multiple sites and violate the TOS. i doubt they’ll be eager to put it in button form in the mw.

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

idxforge is probably right. At best this enhancement would be low priority. I like auto appending since if when I am trouble shooting I will need to refresh the page so I made a browser extension in Chrome: https://github.com/antonioortegajr/append-questionmark-mobile-extention/tree/master/chrome_extention

• imFORZA
      Participant

Hmm, I like the chrome extension. Expanding on that it would be great if the extension did the following:

* Display an IDX icon in the address bar when on an IDX Broker page. Maybe on hover can show details such as if its original, lite or platinum?
      Similar to how this extension does for WordPress

* Offer a quick menu button to enable/disable the auto append for ?bare and ?mobile.

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

Cool that you like it. It’s github so shoot an issue or a pull request or fork it. I think it full fills the need, although I agree it could be cooler. Of course if anyone else wants to fork or other github fun feel free, but this is NOT an IDX Broker project so please do it in github. It’s a spare time fun thing.

• imFORZA
      Participant

I created the foundation for a more complete Chrome plugin, if anyone wants to help, feel free to check it out:
      https://github.com/bhubbard/idxbroker-chrome

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

Since the chrome extension was created is this thread good to close?

• imFORZA
      Participant

I think its still a valid request, as some users don’t use chrome. I think there is still a valid argument to have these troubleshooting features appear in middleware. While IDX Forge had a point, I don’t think the majority of real estate agents are going to catch on to that fact. If they do IDX Broker can always suspend accounts when needed.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.