Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Better Listing ID Search

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

All, I would like to request a change to how the listing ID search is processed. From what I can gather, it appears to be a simple select query on a column in the database like { select from listingId where listingId=’12345678′ }. That is great for most situations, but let me give you an example of a situation that does not work.

GMLS, for whatever reason, their feed for the IDX includes a 0 in front of all the listing IDs. That useless 0 breaks the query on the listing ID search because no user/agent adds it in, because in the mls, you can search without that useless 0. If it could be something more like:

{ select from listingId where LIKE %listingId% } or something to that effect.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • IDX Leads
      Participant

Fortunately I don’t have a website using a feed that puts the zero in front of the L ID. Still, I use a custom subheader on the the L ID search page to let visitors know what a proper MLS ID looks like.

“Valid MLS numbers are 7 digits long and begin with 95. To enter multiple numbers separate them by commas.”

Until a better alternative surfaces you could do something similar and mention the zero has to be entered in front.

• deevoweb
      Participant

I am just saying you could eliminate that need all together simply by changing the search query used on the database. No need for a crazy sub-header message and confusing your users. Things need to be simple, simple, simple. Because the truth is, you can instruct users how to do something, but they are most likely not going to read it and then just wonder why no results were returned.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.