Build with IDX Broker Forums General Discussion Custom "more info" or schedule showing form.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Has anyone created a custom more info or schedule a showing form? I have a client who feels the links to “more info” and “schedule showing” are not visible enough on the mobile version of the property detail page. We’ve created an alert affixed to the top of a sidebar on the property detail page, but the client wants to embed a contact form in the sidebar rather than the alert we’re using now. I understand how we can build custom search from thanks to the posting in dev partner learn center, but the action statement isn’t dynamic for search forms whereas the action statement on the more info or schedule a showing form includes the listing ID which is unique for each listing detail page. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • idxbroker
      Keymaster

Is your current form static html or are you building forms with JS? Are there code examples we could see?

• Brian Brewer
      Participant

Antonio,

Thanks for your response! The form we’d like to build would be static HTML, just a bootstrap form version that fits our overall template. Thanks to your posting in the dev partner learn center, I now know how to do this for a simple contact form. However, I’d like to make this work for the dynamic forms (more info (which is usually at the bottom of the detail page) and schedule showing (which opens on a new page) as they include the listing ID and other pertinent info. I’m just not sure how to do this as these dynamic forms have hidden fields which contain the values for the listingID, address, etc so that the agent knows what property was being viewed when the lead is sent via e-mail.

<input type="hidden" name="idxID" value="b251">
      <input type="hidden" name="listingID" value="249764">
      <input type="hidden" name="address" value="67 MOUNTAIN HIGH">
      <input type="hidden" name="cityName" value="Blue Ridge">
      <input type="hidden" name="state" value="Georgia">
      <input type="hidden" name="zipcode" value="30559">
      <input type="hidden" name="listingPrice" value="$1,100,000">

Hope I’m making sense.

Thanks so much,
      Brian

• idxbroker
      Keymaster

I would use JS to create the form then. You can get all those values form the DOM, but you remember that the templates can differ some.

Something Like:
      var fireplace = document.getElementById('IDX-field-fireplaceLocation');

to get your variables then build your form via javascript to add these hidden fields.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.