Build with IDX Broker Forums Enhancement Requests Widget search results do not sort featured listings to top…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’d like to be able to create a showcase widget that shows featured properties is they are available and only shows MLS listings from other offices if there are no featured properties to show. For example, if I build a showcase widget and set it to show 3 properties and use the following search:

idxID=a192&pt=1&lp=650000&a_propStatus%5B0%5D=Active&price=650000%2B
      &searchRefinement=fl&amin_photocount=1&fl=y&srt=newest

… because featured is turned on, (fl=y in the query string above), I only get as many listings as the office has available that fit the other criteria. So, if the office only has 1 listing that fits the criteria, there is only 1 listing in the showcase. And that makes sense, but if I turn off the featured requirement by changing the query string to fl=n, the 1 featured listing gets sorted out of the line up, and I only see listings from other offices.

However, if I use the same parameters on an actual search page but turn off the featured requirement like so:

idxID=a192&pt=1&lp=650000&a_propStatus%5B0%5D=Active&price=650000%2B
      &searchRefinement=fl&amin_photocount=1&fl=n&srt=newest

… I get the office’s 1 featured listing at the top, and the remaining out-of-office listings below that.

I would like the showcase widget to have the exact same results. That is, show the featured listing first and then show however many out-of-office listings it takes to fill up the rest of the showcase.

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
    • Nick Leech
      Keymaster

We do have an Enhancement ticket open to change how the widgets function in regards to showing featured listings.

If in your IDX Dashboard –> (https://middleware.idxbroker.com/mgmt/preferences.php#results) You have it set to show featured on standard results –> Then the widgets will respect that like the results page.

All new features as they are added will be listed here: http://support.idxbroker.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1951326-new-features?b_id=10433

0 ratings, 0 votes0 ratings, 0 votes (0 rating, 0 votes, rated)
      You need to be a registered member to rate this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.