Wrappers are how IDX Broker hosted pages look like your website. We will cover the options here.
- Dynamic Wrapper: This is a page IDX Broker will cURL expecting containing
These tags allow out system to know where to place the IDX Broker search forms, search results, property details. etc… No <base> tags are allowed in the source and all urls must be absolute.
This page must have absolute URLS and your hosting must not block cURL.
- Static Wrapper: This is the HTML from you site that IDX Broker will use to make our hosted pages look like your website. This would include the <html><head>, and <body> tags and content. There are two sections a header and footer. The header would be <html>, <head>, and some of the <body>. The footer would be the closing </body> and <html> tags and their content. These also require any relative URLs to be changed to absolute URLs and do not allow a <base> tag to be present.
This video from our Developer Partner YouTube Channel demonstrates the Dynamic and Static Wrappers.
3. Includes: Includes are a combination of the static wrapper areas UI and dynamic wrapper cURLs. These also require any relative URLs to be changed to absolute URLs and do not allow a <base> tag to be present.
note: It is a common development practice to use under construction plugins or settings and or a staging domain. These both may interfere with a dynamic wrapper or includes.
- All wrapper types require absolute URLs
- cURL must be enabled on your hosting to use a dynamic wrapper
- Any dynamic wrapper or includes must be publicly reachable